Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We Got Our Pumpkin!!


We finally got our pumpkin but it didn't start out easy. Tim and Logan attempted a few days before the day photo'd and it was a sad day. We saw advertising for a pumpkin festival. It was cold out and I was tired but Tim and Logan were up to the event. Yes, it was cold. We had a freak storm pass through and it went from the high 90's to the low 50's in less than a day. We hunted down and got Logan all bundled up in his cold weather clothes and off they went. Sadly, they never found the festival. It was at a different Garden Park than we had thought. Logan had been saying "Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin!" and was very excited so Tim decided he had to do something. He thought taking him to the mall with the indoor play ground would make up for it. Sadly, the indoor play ground was under reconstruction. Soooo Tim let him pick out any balloon he wanted at the candy stand and yes, bought him candy. Tim tells me he asked him which balloon he wanted. He asked him do you want the Elmo balloon? Logan replied "no" and headshake. He asked him if the wanted the Lion (Logan loves to roar like a Lion) and Logan acted like it was ok. Then, Tim saw the cat. He asked Logan if he wanted the cat and Logan replied, "Cat! Cat! Cat!!!". He got the cat. Tim says it was the LARGEST balloon there. I will post a photo of it soon. Any way a few days later we set out for another pumpkin patch. This was an authentic patch where they grow organic this and that. Tim's day off was a Monday so we set off Monday morning. We got there and it was CLOSED on MONDAY. As we were driving sadly away we stumbled upon a house that had pumpkins for sale. The gate was locked but a lady came out to greet us as we were trying to see when they opened. She happily let us in as she cooked her breakfast on her chiminea. She has quite a set up wtih squash, pumpkins al of kinds. jam, and animals of all kinds.



Here Logan pets the rabbit.

Cat! Cat! Cat!!! Oh it is sad. I LOVED cats all my life and always had one. I left my cat with my Mom when we went to Italy and she is happy there. However, I found out several years before this that I am allergic to cats. Otherwise I am certain we would have bought Logan a cat while in Vegas. He LOVES cats and we have seen some of the cutest kittens who wanted to go home with us. He is a big animal lover.


I would like this one.

I think I can get it myself...

Oh, there are bigger ones?



We were absolutely pleasantly surprised when the nice lady sent us packing with our pumpkin, jam and peacock feather for FREE. To make a long story short we all made friends and she said she didn't charge military fliers who are protecting her. She teared up and sent us away thanking us. It turned out after our pumpkin search we must have been meant to go there.

Well, he did pose even though he gave me this funny look. Does this go faster Dad?

My pumpkin has teeth!

It turns out Logan loves pumpkins and the festivity of Halloween. Except wearing his costume. We drive up and down the street and he shouts, "pumpkin". We also take him around the block at night so he can see all the decorations. People in our area do it up good! However, he does not like Dad to light his pumpkin because it is "hot". It turns out the act of lighting a match and Dad being near it is scary and dangerous. Since Dad is a pyro this should prove interesting.

A nice shot!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great story!!! I love the pic of Logan and Tim with the pumpkin. Ryan really loves pumpkins too, though he says it sort of like bunka:)

Rick and Leslie said...

Well! Sounds like you had quite the pumpkin experience! Got to love the pumpkin! I really really love the pumpkin pie!