Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Meet Jay The Giraffe!

Jay has joined Jael at the local zoo! Wowzer I heard it made Natl news. Too funny here in Clovis we get real excited about some of the small things.
This bear picture is out of order. Tim -- the bears were at work digging what looked like it was on its way to being a large hole. I haven't seen them do this before. It wasn't hot and they had water in their moat. It was interesting. One finally gave up but the other one looked like it was digging to freedom.
Jay can reach much more than Jael could. He is very busy trimming the trees.
When we walked over Jay came over to greet us. He stuck his head over and took a gander at us. It was entertaining indeed.
Yep, I was more excited then they were. Logan talked about how we HAD to go see the new boy giraffe at the zoo then we got there....
the Clovis is zoo is hoping they made a love match when they added Jay to the family. I guess he was a present for Jael. HA HA HA
A shot of both. It is hard to tell but Jay is quite a bit taller. Sadly Jael's friend the goat had to change homes. I am sure she misses Mr Goat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat, the boy's a lot bigger.

I bet those bears could either dig under the fence, or climb out in the tree. Don't know why they don't...

Rick and Leslie said...

Now I can hardly wait to get back to Clovis!